Dear Friends,
I am writing to ask for your support as I launch a record of twelve original songs, and as I am working to create an economic niche wherein I may offer myself to this world as a musician poet and still afford to invite you all over for dinner.
The record is self-titled, and emerged out of a turbulent period of deep feeling. I don't want to frighten you with the wrong impression though-- as these songs are prayers, or boxing matches, with the inner feelings, they are not depressing journal entries, but uplifting stories. They are not uplifting by resolving anything, but by diving into unsettling feelings until those feelings charged me with aliveness. At best, this record will charge you with aliveness, reinforce the deep mystery of life, and transport you to fields of subtitles that may in some way offer insight and healing. This is my hope and seems to be the response I am getting from folks who have listened to it. I feel these songs are worth sharing. The instrumentation has a country-folk sound, with some nontraditional bluegrass elements. Most tracks are just guitar, a couple feature Lizzy Plotkin on fiddle and Isaac Stafstrom on banjo.
So how might you support me? Well I hope you will purchase a copy of the record, it is for sale at www.jacksonmelnick.com for a suggested price of $10, but is offered on a sliding scale for as low as $5. If you like the record, or have friends who may take interest in a young artist devoted to the troubadour-musician tradition, please pass knowledge of this CD along.
So then, thank you for ferrying these songs along, supporting the magic of music, and contributing to my vision.
Best Wishes,
Jackson
No comments:
Post a Comment